Time is TBD|
EOI for workshop on J1V3 revisions
ABCB is seeking expression of interest from IBPSA members to participate in a workshop to discuss simulation-based Verification Method J1V3 (and associated Specifications 33, 34 and 35) in NCC 2025.
Time & Location
Time is TBD
About the Event
The 2h workshop will be scheduled on Tuesday 26 Sep or Thursday 28 September 2023 and it would be an online event with an in-person option at ABCB Office in Canberra. Please indicate your availability for the two proposed dates. The participants wouldn’t be paid to attend. The workshop is expected to gather a small number of simulation experts from organisations such as IBPSA, CIBSE, AIRAH as well as ABCB staff and consultants.
The participants will have the opportunity to discuss any changes that may be needed to J1V3, including:
- General issues or problems with J1V3, Spec 33, Spec 34, Spec 35.
- Introduction of GHG emissions buffer (proposed building to target 90% of reference).
- Removal of offset from renewable energy generated and used on-site.
- Specification of weather file.
- Possible updates to thermal comfort metric.
- Requirements for HVAC modelling, avoiding “idealised” systems.
- Specification of emissions coefficients.
We will take suggestions for the discussion from IBPSA members into consideration (time permitting), so please send your ideas around J1V3 enhancement.
Please direct all queries you have and respond to this EOI by midday Friday 8 Sep directly to Erica Kenna and Jelena Muric-Nesic of ABCB through NCC2025EnergyEfficiency@ABCB.gov.au